From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 09:10:40 -0500
Milan Gowin wrote:

>I haven't heard the CD, but I did see him in concert with the NACO just
>this past Wednesday playing the Four Seasons, and if the CD is anything
>like his concert, then it must be horrible.  Zukerman treated the whole
>event as though it was another day at the office.

You know, having met PZ a few years ago and having found him to be a total
jerk, I really have a hard time liking anything he does.  I paid some
serious money to hear him fax in a performance of the Brahms sonatas a few
years ago, and it was awful.  Further, his opinionated article in Fanfare
awhile back about HIP was pretty offensive as well.  I guess one can't
gripe around here about being opinionated, but I have always gotten the
impression that Pinky condescends too much to the public that provides his
fat paycheck.

Kevin Sutton