From:
Dave Lampson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 14:04:02 -0800
With the holidays upon us, I'd like to remind everyone on the Moderated
Classical Music List that suspending your subscription is very easy.  Just
send the command SET CLASSICAL NOMAIL to the listserver at the list.  When
you return, just send the command SET CLASSICAL MAIL to the same address to
start the flow of messages again.  This works for both digest and regular
subscribers.  More complete instructions are always available online at
Classical Net.

I'd also like to let everyone know that after an extended period of
joblessness, I am now gainfully employed once again.  I began last week as
the program manager at a networking startup company by the name of Network
Photonics (http://www.networkphotonics.com/).  The technology is very
advanced, and I'm excited about the opportunity.

As you may have noticed, the distribution of the list has become somewhat
erratic lately, and I'm afraid that will probably be the norm going
forward.  I'll be working long weeks in a high-pressure environment, and
this will significantly distract me from MCML and Classical Net activities
for some time to come.  I'll still be doing these things, but just not as
frequently.  Accordingly, I'd like to enlist everyone's help on the list.
Please make sure what you submit is properly formatted (hint:  every
message posted to the list *is* properly formatted) and that your post
addresses a topic in classical music explicitly.  Necessity will be forcing
me to simply dump messages with little or no content that do not conform
to list guidelines, and any message that looks to be addressed to an
individual instead of the list I'll just assume was sent to the list in
error.

Thanks to all for your patience and support.  And I hope everyone has a
happy holidays, whatever those holidays happen to be.

Dave
http://www.classical.net/