From:
"Richard A. Ujvary" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 10:45:31 -0400
You know for the most part I respect "authority" and I probably learn
the most from "authoritative" folks, i.e like the ones around here so the
"authorities" can't be all that bad.  Let's say that when you're involved
with it you should be heads up though and be circumspect too.  The thing
that I find that is really the crux of the original statement by Dave
Lampson refers back to whether or not listeners and those who make music
"create" truth while partaking of the art or "discover" truth while
rummaging through it.  That seems to me the biggie and if philosphers have
a hard time with it I know we are all certainly chewing on stone when we
sink our teeth into the problem.

Rich