From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 08:09:38 +1000
Igor Grobman:

>For the most part, I lurk, due to lack of time to participate, and also
>because I have far less knowledge in the musical field than most people
>here.

None of us knows it all and although there's much to be learnt simply from
reading the latest posts to the list, there are any number of listers who
are prepared to share their knowledge.  I've had many questions answered,
sometimes within hours.  I would hate to think that lurkers feel a lack of
musical knowledge precludes their participation.

>To feed my addiction (as I call it),

So do many of us.  The others are in denial.

>I started on a CD collection, but what provides me the most enjoyment
>are my concert-going experiences.  I go to at least one concert a week,

You lucky devil!  I wish I could do that.

>It is great to be able to chat with someone before and after the
>concert, and during the intermission.

I know it's not the same, but one way of "chatting" about your
concert-going is to send a post to the list.  I've "been" to concerts in
all sorts of places since I've been a lister.  Discussing our musical
experiences is the main reason we're here.  Go for it!

Richard Pennycuick