From:
Achim Breiling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 14:46:57 +0200
Peter Name asked:

>I was wondering if anybody had a lead on organ recordings made at
>Altenberg Cathedral (near Stuttgart, in Germany) as played by Paul
>Wisskirchen.

and Bob Kasenchak replied:

>Well, maybe.  My handy-dandy Schwann Artist from '98 lists 2 CDs with
>Wisskirchen playing organ.  No organ notes are given, so I couldn't say
>whether either is the particular recording you're seeking.
>They are both on Mottete (a KOCH-distributed label).  One is Motette 40161,
>the other 40181.

There is a recording on Mottete with Wisskirchen playing the Altenberg
organ.  Its with music by Felix A.  Guilmant and features the symphonies
for organ and orchestra nos.  1 and 2, the marche elegiaque op.74, 1 f.
organ, 2 oboes & strings.  The orchestra is the Grzenich-Orchester Koeln
under Hempfling!  By the way, Altenbers is *very* far from Stuttgart (some
400 km)!  Its an old Cisterciansian abbey near Koeln....

Achim Breiling