From:
Michael Ostrowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 22:40:10 -0400
Recently I met someone who absolutely adores Leif Ove Andsnes.  At the
time I had never heard of him.  Can anyone tell me anything about him? Any
prizes? Any recommendations? About all I know is that he is a Norwegian
pianist.  I think I heard something about a successful recording of
Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No. 3.

Oh, I guess I had better introduce myself.  My name is Mike and I am
student of math at the University of Maryland College Park and I am fairly
new to classical music (I was a construction worker as a summer job and the
hard rock I used to listen to just wasn't what I needed after an afternoon
of jack hammering or directing traffic).

Thanks,
Mike