From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:27:31 -0700
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have no answer to any of this, except to state a preference that
>classical music, if it does die, should die bravely rather than meekly.

I believe classical music has already been prostituted to the extent
that, in many venues, it has already lost its dignity.  Is it dying...I
guess the question for me is more, "is it really living?" In some ways,
and in some places, yes, others, no.  As for the balance between yes and
no, I can only guess no.

Karl