From:
Bob Yoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 12:11:17 PDT
Bob Kasenchak <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Len Fehskens responds to me:
>
>>(Nigel) Kennedy has released a CD by the "Kennedy Experience" covering
>>Jimi Hendrix classics.
>
>Is it any good?  I love Jimi...
>
>IIRC (yup--I checked) Kronos Qt has a version of "Purple Haze" out, on
>Nonesuch 79111.  Can't say that I've heard it, though.

I have a recording of a tribute to Jimi Hendrix on which Kennedy plays.
It's fair, too clean.

The Kronos, on the other hand is pretty damn cool.  They don't shy away
from the gratings qualities of Hendrix's music.  They certainly took the
time to voice the harmonies correctly and use the proper bowing to make
it sound authentic.

Bob Yoon