From:
Stuart Sinclair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 23:48:15 +1200
Wow!  what a find.  I recently purchased The Naxos American Classics
recording of these 2 fine concertos.  I had never heard of this composer
before this CD came along.  They are absolutely stunning works.  I think
Stephen Prutsman played them beautifully.  I also enjoyed the playing of
the National Symphony Orchestra of Ireland.  The last filler, The Cello
piece, was also superb.  Ordinarily, I do not like Cello solos etc but I
really enjoyed that.  Hyperion have a CD out of the Piano Concertos which
I haven't heard yet but hope do so.  I`d be interested to hear what other
list members think.  Regards

Stuart Sinclair