From:
Eric Schissel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 21:40:08 -0400
A trio for oboe, horn, and piano (if memory serves) by Herzogenberg is
fairly often played on the radio hereabouts in the earlier of its (two,
I think) recordings.  Rather nice.  Yes, an e minor mass by the same
Herzogenberg was released on cpo earlier.  There is also other music by him
unrecorded (again, if memory serves) such as a cello sonata that I seem to
recall William Newman mentioning helps fill out the pictur eof Brahms'?

Hrm.  Looking at library catalog entries for Herzogenberg one finds such
things as...  a first cello sonata in a, op. 52, 2nd cello sonata in D, op
64 from 1890, 3rd cello

sonata op 94 in E-flat-
(hrm maybe I was thinking of someone else then re the cello sonata...)
the op 61 oboe/horn/piano trio mentioned before
a piano&wind quintet op 43 in E-flat (recorded on  Bayer records)
a cantata Columbus
3 string quartets op. 42 (g, d, G)
other string quartets too
a symphony in B-flat op. 70