From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 23:06:34 GMT
Two reissued "complete" sets have been announced which I will likely
purchase:

Dvorak String Quartets performed by the Prague String Quartet on DG 463165.
The last time this set was issued, I was not much of a Dvorak chamber works
fan, but times change and I'm looking forward to this well received set.

Schubert Piano Sonatas performed by Kempf on DG 463766.  I'm almost
embarrassed to say that I've never heard any Schubert by Kempf.

Bartoli/Hogwood have recorded Handel's Rinaldo on Decca 467087.  Gardiner
has two more Bach Cantata discs ready for distribution - 463586 & 87.
Alain Planes has recorded another Schubert piano sonata disc on Harmonia
Mundi 901713; I have greatly enjoyed his previous four recordings of
Schubert's works.

To be truthful, since I don't purchase at the pace I used to, it isn't
likely that I can buy everything I'd like.  But one of these days, my wife
will have her education completed and go back into the job market.  When
that day arrives, I'm reverting to the greedy ways of my past.  Just the
thought of it sends electric currents through my body.

Don Satz