From:
John Dalmas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 20:41:26 -0400
Bob Draper wrote in response to Chris Bonds's criteria:

>Is every note necessary and sufficient?

I'm certain I'm not the only list member who guffawed at this for being
reminded of the "too many notes" criticism of Mozart in "Amadeus."

But on a personal note, I was reminded of a day long ago when I asked
my Dad why people laughed at the title of the Rodgers and Hart Broadway
musical "Too Many Girls." No, my father didn't respond with "more things
in heaven and earth " from Hamlet, but I'll never forget the expression
on his face.

John Dalmas