From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 20:58:42 +0200

Thomas Holm <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have to try one of the Rangstroems symphonies after Mats recommendations.

A wise choice!  Rangstroems music has the fire and intensity of Strindbergs
writing.  It is exciting, dramatic, powerful music...I suggest you from the
CPO set try the 1.  symphony, as this one might be representative for his
orchestral output.  The symphony has the movement titles: "Jasningstid"
("Time of Turmoil" - allegro entusiatsico), "Legend" (andante serioso),
"Trollruna" (Magic Rune - presto turbulento), and "kamp" ("Struggle" -
allegro eroico).  That sounds promising, doesn't it?:-)

Mats Norrman