From:
Tim Dickinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 14:39:20 -0400
James Tobin responds to Michael S. Cole:

>>Robert McDuffie, Violin Soloist
>>Barber-Violin Concerto
>
>This should be first rate.  McDuffie recorded this with Slatkin and St.
>Louis, so you could get a preview.

Actually, with Yoel Levi and Atlanta.  The first time that I ever heard
this piece was by these forces at the pre-recording session concert, and
I was blown away.  Hailing from just down the road in Macon, McDuffie is
a regular guest in Atlanta....I saw him again last year doing Rosza's
concerto, which was another eye opener (it was also recorded, I believe).
This concert should be a treat.

Tim Dickinson
http://www.tdware.com