From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 May 2000 19:10:47 -0400
I've been the recipient of a few favors from friends on the Internet, to
none of whom I seemed to be able to return the compliment.

I've therefore decided to pass the favors on in some way by offering a
few duplicate classical CDs to the first person requesting any, some or
all, free of charge.  I'll also pay the domestic uninsured postage.

Here they are:

Rachmaninoff, Piano Concerto No.  2 and Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini,
played by Rachmaninoff w/ Stokowski conducting the Philadelphia Orchestra
(Magic Talent CD 48075)

"Composers in Person":  Charles-Marie Widor playing his Symphonie V
(Toccata) and the first, second and fourth movements of his Symphonie
gothique; Messiaen playing his Le Banquet celeste and L'Ascension; Dupre
playing his Suite Bretonne, Opl 21 (I:  Berceuse) and Trois Preludes et
Fugues, Op.  7 No.  3; and Vierne playing Trois Improvisations (I:  Marche
episcopale), Pieces de Fantaisie, Suite No.  1, Opl 51 (II:  Andantino) and
Trois Improvisations (III:  Cortege), all on organ (EMI D 112187, BMG's
catalog number)

Kathleen Ferrier singing Schumann's Frauenliebe und -leben, Volksliedchen,
and Widmung, accompanied by John Newmark, piano; Brahms' Sapphische Ode and
Botschaft, Schubert's Gretchen am Spinnrade, Die junge Nonne, An die Musik
and Der Musensohn, all accompanied by Phyllis Spurr, piano, Ganymed, Du
liebst mich nicht, and Lachen und Weinen, accompanied by Benjamin Britten,
piano; and Silent night, and O come all ye faithful, accompanied by the
Boyd Neel String Orchestra (London 433 471-2)

Kathleen Ferrier singing 21 songs, including "Blow the Wind Southerly" on
a CD by that name w/ piano accompaniment by Spurr and Newmark (London 433
475-2)

Kathleen Ferrier singing Mahler's 3 Rueckert Lieder accompanied by Bruno
Walter and the Vienna Philharmonic; Brahms' Alto Rhapsody, accompanied by
Clemens Krauss and the London Philharmonic Orchestra, Gestillte Sehnsucht
and Geistliches Wiegenlied, accompanied by Spurr, piano, and Max Gilbert,
viola; and Vier ernste Gesaenge, op 121, accompanied by John Newmark, piano
(Decca 421 299-2)

"Celebration of the Spirit" (1 CD plus one video CD) containing Bernstein's
Chichester Psalms, Rutter's Gloria, Britten's Festival Te Deum and Rejoice
in the Lamb, and Michael Tipett's Five Negro Sirituals from a Child of our
Time, performed by the Choir of Clare College, Cambridge (Columns 555014)

Schubert's Impromptus, Moments musicaus, and Wanderer Fantasie, played by
Andreas Haefliger and Leon Fleisher, with the Classic Edition score Sony
(?) CE 11-054273-40

Some may recognize the Ferrier CDs as having been offered for sale by me a
little over a year ago.  You did right to wait.  Now I'm giving them away.

Walter Meyer