From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 17:20:38 PST
Peter Varley wrote:

>I've not come across Kvandal's music before - is any more of it
>recorded?

There are other recordings in addition to Kvandal's string quartet on the
new Naxos disc:

Also on Naxos is a Kvandal wind quintet coupled with wind quintets by
Fernstrom and Nielsen (8.553050).

Centaur 2336 has Kvandal's violin concerto with a violin concerto from
Soderlind.

Aurora (Norway Music) issued what I think is a 2-cd set entirely devoted
to Kvandal.  It has his Symphonic Epos, flute concerto, a string quartet,
flute quartet, duo for violin and cello, solo violin sonata, and other
short works.  The catalog number is 4986.

To the best of my knowledge, the above three recordings are all still in
print.  I'm looking forward to the new Naxos disc.  If I like the Kvandal
string quartet, I'll likely pick up the Aurora set at a later date.

Don Satz