From:
Jon Johanning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 18:43:07 -0400
Ying Liu wrote:

>But another nagative example is Hilter who is Wagner music's super freak,
>and he also likes Beethoven, he used B 3rd to celebrate his birthday...

As I wrote not long ago, I don't think Hitler's opinions on music (or on
any other subject) had any validity whatsoever, and I believe that they
should be completely ignored by any sane person.  I can't understand why
his weird ideas on music keep being cited on this list.  The fact that he
may have liked this or that composer or work has no significance whatever,
IMHO.  (He was also a vegetarian -- does that count for or against the
value of vegetarianism?)

Jon Johanning // [log in to unmask]