From:
Danny Tan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 12:04:13 +0800
I read with great interests, the mountains of violin concerti that has been
recommended by list members.  What about some famous and "not to be missed"
piano concerti? At the moment, I have the following:- (excuse the wrong
spellings or wrong naming of the pieces below)

Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 1-5
Mozart Piano Concerto No.9,15,20-27
Brahms Piano Concerto No. 2
Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No. 1
Shostakovich Piano Concert No. 1, 2
Prokovieff Piano Concerto No. 3
Liszt Piano Concerto No. 1
Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No. 2, 3, variations of a theme by Paganini
Ravel Piano Concerto in G

This is about all (minus some not too favorites that are hardly listened
to...) that I have.  I am sure that there are many more famous ones I do
not know of.  I attended recently a concert recently where the Liszt Piano
1 is playing, but it is another work of Liszt on the program (Dances of
the Death/ or against Death?) that has my jaws dropping at the seemingly
impossible virtusossic requirements of that work.  There are certain times
I heard a very interesting piece on the radio, but sometimes the DJ doesn't
bother to tell whose work it is.  So, PLEASE, tell me what are the ones to
pick up.  Thks.