From:
"Emily L. Ferguson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 May 2005 12:12:02 -0400
Jeez.  All these people who don't particularly care for the Missa Solemnis!
Makes me feel like I'm not actually out in left field!

Thanks.

But I love the Grosse Fuge....

You know, just because Beethoven went deaf doesn't mean all this later
music has to be beaten out of the instruments.

Often I think performers clobber the music out of empathy for Beethoven's
inability to hear it.

But his inability to end things gets stale real fast for me.

Emily L. Ferguson
New England landscapes, wooden boats and races, press photography
http://www.vsu.cape.com/~elf/