From:
Stirling Newberry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 22:34:41 -0400
Robert Peters wrote:

>I think music does not have to be beautiful.  It is art: art wants to
>express and sometimes it wants to express things which are not beautiful,
>things like anger, grief, ugliness, crime, jealousy etc.  Then the music
>must not be beautiful.  ...

   1929 AD

   Before the before, the shattering noise;
   elegy for innocence of pastoral
   elegance distrubed beneath the lull
   time turning this to a percussive so-la-ti
   having an elegance in top hat that he could don
   o the old gods have past and the world was now agog
   vigorously shaking to the beat
   evoking the engines of the go go go
   now sepia with age, his time too, is brittle tin.

- - -

   "Music should never forget itself, that is, it should never cease to
   be music."

   Wolfgang Mozart

stirling s newberry
http://www.mp3.com/ssn