From:
Mark Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 08:52:46 -0600
Coincidently, I recently talked to some younger performers who have (or
had) the opportunity to record with Naxos but were very reluctant to do so
because the financial return to them was so much less than if they recorded
with labels issuing at higher prices.  I do not know the details of this -
perhaps someone could enlighten us.

No-one yet seem to have mentioned the Naxos releases of early music.  They
are regularly very good, sometimes outstanding, and for me a marvellous
way of building a library of earlier music at low cost - and one I would
be reluctant to spend too much on, as I have other musical priorities.

And I for one, particularly like the covers!  They are also quite a clever
marketing ploy, as they give the aura of sophisitcation that belies the
budget nature of the label (compare them to some of the other budget
issues).

Mark Morris
www.kidsop.com