From:
Mohammad Iqbal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 21:12:30 +0300
Has anyone of you heard the Liszt transcription of Schuman's song 'A ma
fiancee? This masterpiece has a special occasion to me.  Why? read the
following.

Last year, I was in a wedding party of one of my relatives.  There I
admired a girl but I didn't talk to her because I am shy in this.  After
some time, there was a rest and food.  I was wandering in the hotel when I
saw my girl with her friend (a girl also) watching a guy playing Fur Elise
on the piano.  He was amateur because he was trying to play it.  One of
workers in the hotel came and asked the guy to stop playing and to leave
the piano.  I awaited a while and then came near the piano I began to play
'A ma fiancee.  I saw the two girls came to see my playing.  I looked to
the two girls to see their eyes.  When I finished, I heard applause coming
from behind.  I got embraced because the applause come from the people in
the party.  I quickly left the piano.

A while passed.  The two girls came again to me.  My beloved showed me a
small poem and asked me to set it to music in the same virtuosity as I did.
I read the poem quickly and then sat to the piano and began playing my own
music this time.  The music spelled the two girls especially my girl.

Do you know what happened? That girl is now my wife and I have a son.
My wife and I are preparing a symphony for voices and orchestra.

Mohammed Iqbal