From:
Jeff Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2007 05:47:32 +0000
Melody is one of the greatest of musical mysteries.  What is it about
some meleodies, for some people, where hearing a melody for the first
time in one's life can bring them instantly to tears, while others
respond "Huh?" and even others say "Was there a melody?"

I'd like to pose to you one of my favorite melodies of all time that
continues to bring great pleasure to me today while others shrug their
shoulders.  To add some complexity, I'm providing two interpretations.

1. Who wrote it, when?
2. Which interpretation do you like the best?
3. Why or why not does the melody speak to you?
4. Is melody even that important or necessary nowadays?
5. What are your all time favorite melodies?

   http://www.classical.net/sample07-1.mp3  first interpretation
   http://www.classical.net/sample07-2.mp3  second interpretation

Jeff Dunn
Alameda, CA