From:
Tim Mahon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 05:21:12 -0700
Chris Bonds ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>Another composer who worked in this area was the Mexican J.  Carrillo
>(sp?); some other Americans like Lou Harrison and Henry Cowell worked
>with microtones as well but not exclusively.  Gotta go!

Whilst in the microtonal field, let's not forget John Foulds, whose 1896
string quartet played with quarter tones way before Bartok's.  Also his
1906 Cello Sonata (on a fabulous British Music Society CD released last
year) and the Dynamic Triptych, the date of which escapes my fuddled
brain this morning.

Tim