From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 14:31:22 -0500
I'd previously written that I had ordered, but not yet received, the
Hamelin recording.  Well, the 2-CD set arrived, and boy is it a doozy!

Hamelin puts Madge in the shade.  I've not heard the Bolet or the Grante
recordings and can't comment about them.

What I wish, now, is that I had the score.  It's amazing what Godowsky has
done with such thrice-familiar material and I'd like to *see* how he does
it.  For instance, one of the seven (!) resettings of Op. 10, No. 5 in
G flat is cast as a tarantella in a minor key!  Holy moley!

Scott Morrison