From:
Kim Patrick Clow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 20:23:29 GMT
I am hoping someone can hopefully help out with some information.  When
London was releasing the Complete Mozart Symphonies with Christopher
Hogwood on LP albums, I remembered being completely delighted to hear a
very early Mozart Symphony with a choral ending.  It was a major treat
because I had never heard the piece before.  It antedates Beethoven's
Symphony Number 9 by about 40 years.

When CDs came out in 83, and I began replacing those albums with the
re-issues in CD format, and so I donated my album collection to the
library.  I delayed for quite sometime purchasing the early volumues
that had the very early symphonies because I never assumed they would be
deleted.  Bad mistake.  They did, and I only recently purchased the new
reissue box set (19 cds).  But to my surprize:  that "Choral Symphony"
was missing.

Can anyone on the list give any info on this? Why was this specific
symphony deleted from the CD reissue? Anyone on the list still have those
albums? If it helps any I remember the choral group used for this Symphony
was "The Ancient Academy of Ancient Music Chorus".

Thanks for your help,

Kim Patrick Clow