From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 10:04:47 +1000
David Bresch:

>Dear List, Is there anyone out there who thinks Huberman and Oistrakh
>are the two greatest violinists who ever lived and can't get enough of
>them?

One of my earliest CM purchases was Oistrakh in Mozart's 3rd Violin
Concerto and not long after, the Beethoven with Cluytens with its serene,
unhurried violin entry in the first movement.  I was then and remain an
Oistrakh fan.

I would not want to be without his Mozart Sinfonia Concertante with son
Igor, the Brahms Double Concerto with Rostropovich and Szell, the Sibelius
with Ormandy, the Beethoven Triple Concerto with Rostropovich and Richter,
Taneyev's Suite de Concert, the Prokofiev concertos, the Shostakovich
concertos and sonata, the list goes on.  Does anyone *ever* give away
Oistrakh records?

Richard Pennycuick