From:
Peter Herwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:40:28 -0800
Steve Schwartz writes:

> I'm also drawn to the Fisher/Chance/King version on Hyperion, but I've
> loved everything I've ever heard by King.

I agree with you, Steve, about King.  I have his Handel Acis and
Galatea and to me it is by far the best in a competitive field. And I
just bought a disc of his Purcel Odes-Great Parent,Hail!, The Summer's
Abscence Unconcerned We Bear,and my favorite Welcome,Welcome, Glorious
Morn which is absolutely beautiful.  And I listened to his Monteverdi
Vespers of 1610 in the store and loved it and had them put it aside for
me.  I don't know when I'll get the dough for it but it is a used CD
store.

Peter Herwitz