From:
Alastair Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 08:15:14 +0000
Reid McLean wrote:

>Trying not to hype our own orchestra's broadcasts, I would humbly offer
>that they are done very well by Minnesota Public Radio.  The announcer
>does use some pre-recorded interviews, but he is at the Hall (not in the
>Hall) and the concerts are broadcast live, and carried live around the
>U.S. (for the most part).  You can listen on-line Fridays at 8p Central
>time US. . .not the most convenient time for UK listening I'm afraid.

This is encouraging.  Actually, listening at strange times is not a
problem thanks to programs like the excellent Audio Hijack Pro, so I
shall be tuning in:

    http://www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijackpro/

It can even wake my PowerBook up from sleep, record the stream, then put
it to sleep again!  (There must be Windows equivalents).

Alastair