From:
Amy Scurria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 15:27:29 -0500
NEW MUSIC

My works may now be heard directly on my website in streaming format.  Real
Player is required for listening, however, I have included a link to their
free player.  Included on the website are two new works for choir entitled
Press Onward and Salmo 100.  Please visit to listen to these and other
works at:

   http://www.amyscurria.com/listen.htm

More works will be added as they are completed.

COMMISSIONS

The following organizations have and/or are commissioning new works:

*  The Philadelphia Orchestra and the Minnesota Orchestra have
co-commissioned a new work to be premiered by both orchestras.  I will
be working with MN based composer Steve Heitzeg on the creation of this
project.

*  The Vermont Youth Orchestra, Troy Peters, Conductor.

*  SHE, an a cappella NYC based choir, Sally Hoskins, Director.

*  Shepherd College Concert Choir, Scott Williamson, Director.

*  Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church Choir, Bryn Mawr, PA.  Jeffrey Brillhart,
Director.

*  Mary Our Queen Catholic Church, Atlanta, GA, Kevin Faulkner, Director.

OTHER NEWS

*  I was honored to be able to travel and sing with the BMPC Choir on a
recent Brazil Tour.  We performed in cities such as Rio de Janeiro, Ouro
Preto, Salvador, Feira de Santana, Belo Horizonte, and Manaus.  Salmo 100
was composed for this tour and is dedicated to the people of Brazil.

*  In October I was invited as Composer-In-Residence to Shepherd College.
While there, I gave two master classes, worked with the choir, served on a
panel discussion on women in music, and spoke at two concerts where several
works were performed including the premiere performance of Press Onward,
commissioned by the Shepherd College Concert Choir, Scott Williamson,
Director.  I was also honored by performances by Duo Nuovo:  Scott Beard,
Piano, Scott Williamson, Tenor.  Most sincerely,

Amy Scurria, Composer
http://www.amyscurria.com