From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 10:31:24 +1100
I've just had a brief forage around some of my favourite websites.
These gleanings may be of interest:

On cpo is another volume of symphonies by Ries, Nos 1 and 2, again with the
Zurich Chamber Orchestra conducted by Howard Griffiths.  I've had a lot of
pleasure from their earlier CD of Ries symphonies and am looking forward to
this one.  Another potentially interesting cpo release is of Villa-Lobos's
Symphonies 4 and 12.

Some time ago, I mentioned Alan Jones's old hit, The Donkey Serenade, and
clearly some listers would have preferred it if I hadn't.  ASV has released
25 Alan Jones songs on a CD entitled - what else?  Not for me, but there
may be some masochists interested.

BIS has opened new premises in Stockholm and has two management positions
up for grabs: an administrator, and a person to be in charge of artist and
media contacts, the latter position specifying among other things a
knowledge of French, German, Excel and Word.

Richard Pennycuick