From:
"Jean Louis Di Domenico <[log in to unmask]> Jean Louis Di Domenico" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 15:37:58 +1000
Early this morning, about 7:45am I heard a violin concerto for 2 violins
I was most impressed by the work involved with.  I am no musicien.  I
just love "emotions" coming out of pieces such as this one.  I called ABC
Classic FM and aks about it.  Of course it was a DGG 1958 remastered David
Oistrach (on a Strad) and son Igor Oistrach with the Moscow Orchestra.  As
I was digging (yes, the same guy in South Australia Opal mining...) I came
accross the 10xCDs from DGG called CENTURY COLLECTION and also Decca 40xCDs
called "Legendary Recordings".  I called HMV in town for the set of 10
immediatly...  a fair price...  but is it a release worth considering?
Later I foiund a UK site for the 40xCDs from Decca at 7.23 UK-pounds, and
10% discount if 4 or more are ordered...  That is still a very steep
total...  Same thing here, is it a release worth considering?

Thank you and regards, Jean-Louis, Sydney, Australia.