From:
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 09:18:44 -0500
Virginia Knight asks:

>A member of another list I subscribe to asks whether there are any
>recordings of the violinist Albert Spaulding available on CD. So I pass
>on the query: does anyone on the list have or know of any (preferably
>still in the catalogue)? I trust that between us we can probably provide
>a near-definitive answer.

I believe (though am not sure) that it's spelt "Spalding." Anyway, a search
of amazon.com turned up the following for the name:

1.  Claudia Muzio - The Complete HMV and Edison Recordings; Romophone (UK)
- #81005 (one track from two whole CDs)

2.  Claudia Muzio - The Complete Pathe Recordings (1917-18); Romophone (UK)
- #81010 (one track, same as above, apparently, from two whole CDs)

3.  Mozart: Sinfonia concertante for Violin and Viola in E flat major, K
364 (320d), with Primrose.  Pearl -- Koch -- - #9045

4.  The Art of the Violin Vol 3 / Albert Spalding, Andre Benoist; A
Classical Record - #42.  Works by Handel, Tartini, Franck, Brahms,
Schumann.

Steve Schwartz