From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 15:42:37 -0500
David Harbin wrote:

>Have there been other famous examples of tensions between orchestras and
>their maestros?

As for the Slatkin issue, I have heard via the grapevine...Slatkin isn't
Boulez...and that seems to be a problem for the orchestra.

As far as tensions between orchestras and maestros...based upon my
readings, personal experiences, and stories from friends...tension is
part of the deal.

In my own experience, if you make friends with the players, some of them
will not bring their best to their playing.

Karl