From:
"Michael S. Cole" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 11:40:44 -0800
Jon Johanning wrote:

>This thread is driving me nuts!  Some people say CM CDs sell like bikinis
>at the South Pole, and others that there is a CM boom on.  Perhaps a lot
>of the confusion is due to varying local conditions, and there is also a
>possibility that some (who knows how much) business is flowing away from
>physical stores to the Web stores.

Most people who don't live in a major urban center have little access to
good CD stores.  Coupled with that is the problem of browsing in stores and
not remembering all the CDs that one has.  It's been at least two years
since I bought a CD in a store.  In that period of time I've bought at
least 500 CDs, all from online sources.

Mike Cole