From:
Gerardo Constantini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 23:37:02 -0500
Alex Frits wrote:

>Can anyone tell me please in which movie that this work has being use?

The name of that movie is "Rapshody".  Is an old film,but with a very
interesting features,as: Both,the pianist is a real pianist(despite the
soundtrack is not his playing),and the violinist(Vittorio Gassman)was
in the real life an intermediate violin student.  The nice thing is the
movements,fingerings,etc.they make on their respective instruments,are
real,and not the kind of jerk movements made by the principal actors in
the movie "The competition" as an example.  The real soundtrack of the
Rachmaninoff 2nd concerto was played by the young!!Claudio Arrau::
despite his deep dislike for Rachmaninoff music.  The violin music if
i don't mistake(i don't remember exactly),was played by the young Isaac
stern.  For my personal taste,the recording of RAK 2 by Arrau is very nice
and rare,since Arrau played very few Russian music,and the few he played of
it was really ugly,especially his "historical" recording of the Tchaikowsky
1st concerto,which is really a torture.  Regards.

Gerardo:.