From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:06:48 -0600
Ray Bayles wrote:

>Michelangeli
>Richter
>Ciccolini

Ok, perhaps it is time for me to plug my own label, Pierian.  Our
first issue featured several of the preludes played by the composer...
transcriptions of Welte rolls.  These transfers were done "the old
fashioned way." The man who did them has been working with Welte rolls
for over 40 years.  He has timings from the Welte masters and has taken
the time to do it right...well at least that is my opinion.  We also have
some favorable responses from the likes of the New York Times, LA Times,
International Piano Quarterly, etc.

Please keep in mind these were Welte rolls and not Ampicos or Duoarts. From
the very beginning the Welte recorded the dynamic level of each note as it
was played.

Available at Amazon.com; Towerrecords.com; cdnow

Karl