From:
Tony Duggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 22:18:40 +0100
David Harbin wrote:

>Following the discussion about Horenstein and what he did not record,
>could I please ask if these are any treasures still hiding in the archives?
>
>In particular, is there a Bruckner 6th or 7th? A live Mahler 3rd (in better
>sound than the unfortunate Unicorn recording)? Any opera?

Horenstein made the first electrical recording of the Bruckner 7th
with the Berlin Philharmonic in 1928.  Look out for a CD of it on Koch
International.  There is a Bruckner 6th in a private archive with the LSO
from 1964.

There are two "live" Mahler 3rds.  One from London in 1960, another from
Italy in 1970.  Both in archives.  There is also Jerry Bruck's independant
recording of the Unicorn sessions from 1970.

Someone is supposed to own a complete Parsifal from Covent Garden.  Other
opera must include the complete Nielsen Saul and David recorded by Danish
Radio and released by Unicorn.  There is also supposed to be a Busoni
Doktor Faust from New York in 1964.

Tony Duggan, England.
Mahler recordings survey:
http://www.musicweb.uk.net/Mahler/