From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2006 08:41:32 -0400
I've just learned that the great English pianist Joyce Hatto has died
after battling cancer for more than a quarter of a century.  She had
had to retire from the concert stage but during remissions had recorded
about 100 CDs (mostly in the past two decades) of a very broad repertoire.
I've heard some of them -- issued by a record company started by her
husband -- and can attest that she was the real thing, a phenomenon of
technique and musicality.

An obituary written by the piano maven Ates Orga is here:

   http://snipurl.com/suen>http://snipurl.com/suen

Scott Morrison