From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 2004 20:36:24 +0000
Jon Gallant writes:

>I keep listening to one exceptional and obscure thing after another by
>Miaskovsky, hoping to find SOMETHING half as good as the symphony #21,
>and never finding it.

Say it isn't so!  I have found every recording from Miaskovsky quite
compelling.  Currently, I'm into his Symphony No. 6 that is great music,
and I recently had the pleasure of reviewing the wonderful Violin Concerto
paired with Weinberg's on Naxos.  I guess I'm just a big fan of Miaskovsky's
music from start to finish.

Don Satz