From:
Denis Fodor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 15:47:29 -0400
Steve Schwartz writes:

>I'll fight you to the mat on Nono....

No you won't, Steve. Different weight class.

>And yet - talk about epatez les bourgeois - Bartok made the notorious
>remark to Nielsen after a performance of one of his violin sonatas, "Modern
>enough for you, Mr. Nielsen?"

Which would prove, if anything, that Bartok wanted to epatez the epateurs
of the bourgeois.  On Stockhausen I will cede Steve and Co.  the point that
he was conventional enough for Karajan to seek to perform him.

Denis Fodor                     Internet:[log in to unmask]