From:
Albie Cabrera <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 19:51:06 -0800
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Does anyone, maybe Kevin Sutton, have any idea why these stores consider
>it the bright thing to continue reordering the same inventory over and
>over and over? It appears to me to be a totally ignorant and short-sighted
>policy.  Simply ordering more of the same stuff because you sold it
>previously is not good planning when the items in question do not have
>mass appeal.  Or maybe I'm missing some piece of the puzzle.

Maybe it's a pop music type system...  if an item from a usually
unpopular/unfrequented department of the store sells, then it's suddenly
the department's "hot seller" and they feel the need to stock up for the
oncoming rush of buyers...  Yeah right!

(I saw this same phenomenon during my undergrad college days, when the
small local chain record store suddenly really started stocking up on
classical after I had started making several buys...  too bad for me it
was always of stuff I already bought from them:-P

Albie