From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 15:39:20 -0600
For those of you in the UK who haven't heard America's British import,
conductor Donald Runnicles (who conducts left-handed, btw), tomorrow we'll
hear, on BBC 3, his London debut conducting the BBC Symphony Orchestra:

On BBC 3 tomorrow (Tuesday, the 7th):

  7:30pm (that's British time) Performance on 3

A concert given earlier this week in the Royal Festival Hall, London.
Donald Runnicles, music director of the San Francisco Opera, makes his
London debut with the BBC Symphony Orchestra.  Bryn Terfel (baritone),
Anne Evans (soprano), BBC SO/Donald Runnicles.  Wagner:  Siegfried Idyll.
Mozart:  Symphony no 39 in E flat.  Zemlinsky:  Lyric Symphony.

Also: am I right that Runnicles and Robert Spano have been named co-music
directors of the Atlanta Symphony for next year?

Scott Morrison