From:
Bob Kasenchak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 12:59:20 -0700
Thanks to Roger Hecht and Bernard Chasan for trying to allay my
 [list-based] fears about the BSO.  (You all are a bad influence...)
Rest assured I am extrordinarily excited about coming Boston.

I wrote:

>>Bet the orch has a small euphonium section though!  Not that I'll likely
>>be in it...

Roger replied:

>Or any other euphonium player.

Very likely not.  Perhaps they have wind-band, as Grainger would have it...

>Though I'm sure someone will point out an orchestra piece with a euphonium
>now that I've said this.

No, I won't...right now (only if asked).  Out here in la-la-land there's
such a dearth of players I usually get away with playing 3rd trombone on my
horn.  Imagine!  I even played the horn part in the Brahms horn trio once,
back when I had some range.

Bernard wrote:

>Despite what you have read on this list, some of it quite justified, the
>BSO is still a first class orchestra in a first class hall,

Glad to know somebody thinks so...

>playing interesting programs with something like 10 different conductors
>on the podium (one at a time!) in the upcoming season.

Oh oh oh.  One at a time...I thought they were playing Ives or something...

Cheers,
Bob K., suffering through Friday afternoon