From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 11:01:09 PDT
Felix Delbruck wrote:

>That reminds me of a question I've long wanted to ask: how quietly
>do you actually have to set your loudspeaker volume to get the true
>acoustical effect of these clavichord recordings?

I can't provide an exacting answer.  I'd say that the more powerful the
audio system, the lower the volume needs to be.  Overall, let's just say
that the volume should be very to moderately low.  That's where my problem
comes in.  I tend to listen to music at relatively high volumes, and the
necessary adjustments for the clavichord take me out of my comfort zone.

Don Satz