From:
John Doan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:35:56 -0700
This might be of interest to some of you.  John Doan plays the Harp
Guitar just realeased a new Classical Cd on a 1830's Harpolyre.

New CD release this week: "The Lost Music of Fernando Sor - John Doan -
harpolyre"

It is available either at my website or at my concerts.

Click <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAf_5nn9zNI> to view me playing
the harpolyre music of Fernando Sor.

Click <http://www.johndoan.com/products.html> to order.

Sor, known as "The Father of the Classical Guitar", wrote this very lyric
and disarmingly beautiful music in 1830 for a three necked, 21-string
guitar called the harpolyre.  It has gone unplayed until now and I am
hoping that you would like to be involved in the discovery of this
exciting music by either acquiring a CD or coming out to an upcoming
concert.

With this recording I hope to give attention to an important forerunner
of the harp guitar and to bring back to life some incredible music that
went beyond six strings long ago.

John Doan