From:
Gerardo Constantini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:59:56 -0500
Mikael Rasmusson wrote:

>What's the problem with Annes de Pelerinage (and the other works)? I can't
>hear anything suggesting "religious manners"!? I think it's reasonably
>traditional music that other romantic composer must have appreciated as
>well.

Well,well,what i was trying to say,was those annees of pellegirnage (for my
taste of course) sounds "cursi" (a little ridiculous).

>The ballades and polonaises are slightly Chopinesque.  Do you like Chopin?
>As for the Dante Sonata, it needs a very skilled intrepreter.  I don't
>think anyone should try to play the Dante or B minor Sonata in public early
>in thier career.  Structurally the Dante is a brilliant piece, but I wasn't
>musically convinced until I heard Per Tengstrand play it last summer.  (He
>is 30 years old, by the way).

well,well,again,i love most Chopin music maybe the 99%(with the exception
of his "cursi" songs on a poland themes,and the Alla Krakowiak Rondo).But
please you can't made any analogy bettween Chopin Ballades and Polonaises,
and those of Liszt.  For me it is like to make an analogy bettween Brahms
,and Dvorak Symphonies.  Like the day and the night.  And about that "Dante
Sonata" for me, even if it is played by God will remain always as the kind
of third level music.And about the musical difficulty of this work,is like
most Liszt piano music:  Is EASY.I cannot see any difficulty (since the
musical point of view)in playing works like that.Even the B minor Sonata
which is my favorite Liszt work is not Really difficult under the musical
point of view.Of course technically is a lot of things to do in it.  Best
wishes.

Gerardo:.