From:
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2008 16:13:18 -0800
Donald Clarke asks:

> How about the vinyl records, Steve? Did you find any? Or
> deem it not worth the effort of trying to clean them?

The LPs were all on lower shelves.  The paper/cardboard of the sleeves
had stuck to the recorded surface.  At the best of times, I've never
had much success cleaning vinyl.  I let them go.  As for my tapes, if you
had seen the layer of toxic crap over everything (I was wearing a home-made
hazmat suit and a heavy-duty respirator all the time I was in what was
left of my house), you, like I, would not have wanted to think about
cleaning off the crap.  By the way, when I was cleaning my CDs all that
time later, I still wore rubber gloves when I was handling them.

Steve Schwartz