From:
"David Orea C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 03:44:18 -0400
David Runnion wrote:

>(or are we just talking about solo works?) or the first Britten Suite, for
>its breadth of emotion and use of all the possibilities of the instrument.

Yes Dave, only solo works.

And about Britten' Suites, yes, the first is another masterpiece.  (second
and third are also excellent works).

Although Britten' Suites deserve another thread, now, talking about these
works, I would ask to all posters, who has listened the Alexander Baillie
performance in the Etcetera LPs (ETC 2006) or Torleif Thedeen in BIS
(CD-446) and your opinions.  Or which other performances would be
recommended ?

Dave.
Guadalajara.