From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 17:12:45 PDT
Steve Schwartz wrote:

>My wife made me see the movie.  But I do disagree that it studies
>human nature.

Agreed.  I don't think there's a study of human nature, just some
reflections of it.  It's a very simple movie about a sophmoric and coarse
young man, having a tremendous musical talent, who is inadvertently ruining
the life of another guy who was the musical "toast of the town".  If you
approach the movie as something more than that, dislike sets in quickly.

Don Satz